While regular baked potatoes are delicious, why not spice it up with some Cajun Grilled Potatoes locally grown in Ontario? They’re easy to make and all you need is a grill and some heavy duty aluminum foil!
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each smoked paprika and chili powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) each dried oregano, garlic powder and salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1½ lbs (750 g) mini Ontario Potatoes, halved
- 2 Ontario Onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high.
- In small bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, olive oil and seasoning mixture; toss to coat well. Spread evenly in greased 12 X 10-inch (30 X 25 cm) shallow foil pan. Seal with foil. Use heavy duty foil or double wrap regular foil the potatoes in place of a foil pan.
- Grill for about 30 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
Nutrients per serving (1/6 recipe): 153 calories, 5 g total fat, 206 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 3 g protein. Good source of vitamin C.