- Use carrots in juices! They taste great with a little apple and ginger, which add sweetness and zing.
- Try adding grated carrots to your favourite salad for some additional crunch, and colour.
- Grate carrots into spaghetti sauce, add them to meatloaf or tomato soup for some extra flavour and fibre. It adds an element of sweetness and most people don’t even notice it’s there!
- All great stocks start with a sweet and savoury base that includes carrots! Whether it’s chicken stock, fish stock, or even vegetable stock, adding carrots (and onions) will add a great and essential dimension of flavour.
- Fun fact: Did you know that the range of growth for a carrot is from 2 inches to 3 feet long?!
- Carrot sticks make great and fast snacks. Cut into strips and use to scoop up veggie dips like roasted red pepper dip,hummus or baba ganoush.