Get creative with celery and make fun and healthy treats for the kids! This is a spin on classic “Ants on a Log”! Get your kids involved and have them have some fun with celery and peanut butter! The possibilities are endless. You can make a boat, a “hedgehog”, other types of bugs, and more!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 stalks of Dandy Fresh celery, trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp of smooth peanut butter per celery piece
- 2 slices of your favourite type of apple per celery piece
- 6 mini chocolate chips per celery piece
- 1 raisin per piece
- Optional: white icing to draw eyes
- Slice off a piece of the curved outer edge of the celery so that the celery doesn't rock back and forth.
- Fill the groove with smooth peanut butter.
- Gently press two slices of apple into the peanut butter, slightly apart to make up the lady bug "wings".
- Use some of the peanut butter to stick the chocolate chips onto the apple to make the lady bug spots.
- Add a raisin for the head and add white icing dots for the eyes!
If your kids are picky about browned apples, lightly drizzle some lemon juice over the cut apple slices.