This simple yet flavourful Celery parmesan orzo dish features bright lemon, crunchy and fresh celery, and of course, delicious Parmesan cheesiness!
10 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) orzo
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 6 ribs celery, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- Cook orzo in large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss orzo, celery, parsley leaves and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and walnuts.
Add additional 1 tsp lemon zest for a more zippy dressing.
Don’t discard the celery leaves, they can also be added to the salad.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1/6 recipe): Calories 308, Fat 14g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 216mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Fibre 3g