Dinners have never been more simple! Make these cheeseburger quesadillas with mushrooms to amp up the nutrition of this easy, comfort-style quesadilla! With cheese, pickles, ketchup, mustard, and relish, these quesadillas capture the deliciousness of a cheeseburger with tons more veggie goodness.
- 8 oz (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (225g) lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dill pickles, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- Burger Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) relish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white sugar
- Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms until moisture has been released, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add onion, beef and garlic, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of a dry grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese, red onion, tomatoes, and dill pickles. Spoon on meat mixture. Top with the second tortilla. If your grill pan comes with a Panini press (lid) place preheated press on top of tortilla. If no press is available, carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula.
- Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Serve topped with fresh shredded lettuce and burger sauce.
Recipe courtesy of our featured member, Mushrooms Canada.