If you are looking for the perfect appetizer or dessert – look no further! Ontario strawberries are versatile, delicious and nutritious! Not only are they a high fibre and lower sugar fruit, but they’re packed with vitamin C, potassium and folic acid as well! Ontario strawberries are at their peak in June and July but can be found from May to October in Ontario.
- • 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- • 3 tbsp lemon juice
- • 4 tbsp maple syrup
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • 4 tbsp coconut milk
- • 12-15 strawberries, rinsed
- • graham cracker crumbs
- Soak the cashews overnight. Alternatively, you can place cashews in a small pot and cover with water and bring water to boil. Let cashews soak for 15 minutes after this.
- Add cashews to a food processor or blender, along with coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Blend for two full minutes.
- Next, transfer the “cheesecake” filling to a container and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, chop the tops and the tails off of the strawberries and use a small spoon or melon baller to scoop out the insides of each strawberry.
- Stuff each strawberry with the “cheesecake” filling, using a pipette or a spoon. Sprinkle with graham crackers crumbs. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by: Nicole Osinga