Açai bowls are a tasty way to get a bowl-full of antioxidants while getting tons of fruity goodness and fibre in the morning! Feel free to add your favourite protein powder to the blender to amp up your protein content in the morning. Add some pumpkin seeds, coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, or whichever extra goodies you’d like on top to make this cherry açai bowl the bowl of your dreams.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted sweet cherries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) frozen wild blueberries
- 1 frozen banana (1 cup (250 mL) of frozen banana chunks)
- 1 pack of frozen unsweetened açai berries (100 g/3.5 oz)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup (60-85 mL) water (depending on how strong your blender is)
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) maple syrup (sweeten to taste)
- To garnish: pitted sweet cherries, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Pit cherries until you have 1 cup of cherries.
- Blend frozen blueberries, frozen bananas, sweet cherries, frozen acai, and maple syrup. Add water a little bit at a time until the mixture is smooth and the frozen fruit is completely blended.
- Divide between two bowls and garnish with more pitted cherries, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds.
Options: Additional toppings may include cacao nibs, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, almond flakes.
Recipe developed by The Viet Vegan for Produce Made Simple