With busy schedules and decadent holiday recipes coming up, this is a great, protein-rich recipe that’s quick and tasty! This recipe cooks in a snap, so make sure all your ingredients are prepped before you start to stir fry. If you’ve never used kohlrabi, you’re in for a treat. It adds a nice crispness just like water chestnuts.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 454 grams of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Trimmed of fat and sliced ½-inch thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium kohlrabies, peeled, sliced ½-inch thick, slice again to look like short French fries
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a cup, mix together soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil, garlic, ginger, chicken, and salt. Cook and stir until chicken is almost cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Add kohlrabi and cashews; cook and stir until chicken is cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in green onions and serve.
- Sugar can be substituted for honey.
- Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce to add a kick.
- We used chicken thighs because of their flavour and they don’t dry out like chicken breasts do as they cook. You can substitute chicken breasts for thighs, just remember, they’ll cook quicker.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
- To save time, rather than finely chopping garlic and ginger, you can finely grate them instead.