This tasty Chicken Mango Curry recipe is great served over basmati rice, cauliflower rice or potatoes. It has a savoury and sweet flavour, that will satisfy anyone’s taste buds.
Mango adds a tropical aroma to this dish that will brighten and warm up anyone’s day.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 Ontario Cooking Onion, chopped
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Red Pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) good quality mild Indian curry paste (or hot if that is your preference)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 500 g boneless chicken (white or dark meat), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced into bite-sized pieces (divided)
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sodium-reduced chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raw cashews, lightly toasted
- In deep, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and red pepper until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for approx. 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned.
- Stir in curry paste, salt and pepper then and chicken. Stir regularly.
- After about 5 minutes add half of the diced mango. Continue to cook, stirring often until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Stir corn flour into broth to combine. If broth is hot, make a slurry with cold water first to avoid lumps. To do this, blend 1 tbsp corn starch with 2 tbsp water until smooth and then whisk into the broth. Add broth and corn starch mixture to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir until thickened, about five minutes.
- Add remaining mango and coconut milk and stir to combine until heated through (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and spoon over rice, potatoes or cauliflower rice. Sprinkle with cilantro and cashews to garnish.