Even when it’s winter in Canada, it’s summer in Chile which means we can thankfully enjoy grapes all year long! Grapes are delicious as a convenient snack but why not incorporate them into meals as well for a burst of colour and natural sweetness.
Want a protein-filled lunch that’s simple to put together? Registered Dietitian Abby Langer has put together this flavourful simple chicken salad with grapes! Be sure to check out her segment on CHCH Morning Live to see what she has to say! Be sure to read all about grapes in our Produce 101 article!
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chicken breasts, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chilean seedless red grapes, washed and halved
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried tarragon OR thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together.
- Use on sandwiches, in salads, or on its own!
Recipe developed by our contributor, Abby Langer, kindly sponsored by Fruits from Chile.