This beautiful summer dessert is full of fresh flavour and colour, it’s a must make for your summer parties! You can easily make it ahead for a sweet treat for later so you have less prep to do the day of!
- 3 cups (750 mL) whole milk, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) quick-cooking tapioca
- ½ cup (125 mL) white sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ tbsp (7.5) cornstarch
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 navel oranges, peeled, and segmented
- 6 kiwis, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- Orange segments, for garnish
- Stir together 2¾ cups of the milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, scraping the bottom and sides to prevent from sticking. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 5 minutes longer.
- Mix ¼ cup of the reserved cold milk with the cornstarch and add to hot milk mixture. Continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour tapioca pudding into a deep metal bowl. Stir every few minutes until it cools, about 10 minutes.
- Once the tapioca pudding is cool. Assemble parfaits in 8-ounce glasses in the following order: orange segments at the bottom, tapioca pudding in the middle and kiwi on top. Garnish with anorange section. Cover and refrigerate; serve chilled.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Citrus from Chile!