Who doesn’t love Chocolate Dipped Strawberries? This iconic dessert is great served at any occasion or even as just a sweet treat at home. You can try various different chocolates and toppings to change things up and make your strawberries original to your own taste buds!
30 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2, 1-pound clamshells of California strawberries
- ½ cup each semisweet, milk, and white chocolate chips
- Finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios (optional)
- Line large baking sheet with waxed paper. Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Holding strawberry by stem end, dip into chocolate to cover about three-fourths of berry; dip into nuts, if desired, and lay on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strawberries, chocolate and nuts.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Makes about 8 servings (3 strawberries per serving)
- After first coating of chocolate is set, dip into contrasting chocolate, leaving part of the first chocolate exposed. Repeat with third chocolate, if you wish, allowing each layer to set between dips.
- Microwave chocolate in small plastic bag until melted; squeeze into one corner of bag. Lay strawberries close together on baking sheet. With scissors, cut a small hole in corner of bag, and move back and forth over strawberries, squeezing bag gently. Or, drizzle contrasting chocolate over strawberries that have been dipped. Refrigerate until set.
- Microwave melting times vary with amount of chocolate and wattage of your oven. Chocolate amounts are approximate; amount needed depends on size of strawberries, and whether or not they are single, double, triple-dipped or drizzled.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, California Strawberries.