Chocolate and raspberry are the perfect summer pairing! And when put together in muffin form they make for a crave-worthy snack that’s perfect for taking along on an outing or just to picnic in your own backyard.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen Ontario raspberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with nonstick cooking spray two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at the Berry Growers of Ontario.
Learn everything you need to know about raspberries here.