Having a busy schedule doesn’t need to get in your way of having a healthy meal with this portable rice wrap. This healthy wrap is perfect for lunch as it is easy to eat on the go, and is packed with energy enhancing carbohydrates, fibre and protein to keep you going all afternoon.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups brocc trimmed, cut into small pieces, (may use frozen)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 cup cooked, brown rice
- 4 10-inch (25 cm) flax seed whole grain wraps
- 8 sprigs, fresh cilantro
- In a small glass bowl, microwave broccoli until tender crisp, about 3 minutes. (If using frozen broccoli, thaw by placing broccoli in a colander and running it under hot tap water for about 45 seconds). Drain.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until coated. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. In the same skillet, add green onion, garlic, hoisin, water, oranges and broccoli. Cook until onions soften and sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet and remove from heat.
- To assemble: divide rice over the middle third of each wrap. Arrange chicken mixture over top and place cilantro over each. Fold in sides and roll to enclose the filling. Can be served warm, room temperature or cold.
PER SERVING: about 430 cal, 34 g pro, 9 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 49 g carb, 6 g fibre, 65 mg chol, 520 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 15%, calcium 6%, vit A 20%, vit C 70%