If you love fresh and juicy lemons, oranges, clementines and mandarin oranges, then you will love the Chilean season for these colourful fruits. They join us for the sunny summer months and stay with us right through fall!
Oranges from Chile are bursting with taste and are also great for you! One serving provides you with 93% of your daily nutritional requirement for Vitamin C, plus 13% fiber, 10% folate, and is a source of Vitamin B1, potassium and calcium. In addition to simply peeling and enjoying the fruit, get inspired and use the whole orange!
- Make nutritious salad dressings and vinaigrettes.
- Mix with yogurt and make ice pops.
- Make flavoured ice cubes for sangria, punch or tea.
- Mix with liquid cleaners to add a fresh fragrance.
- Combine with cornmeal – make a paste to create your own natural skin exfoliator.
Use the Peel!
- Make Orange Tea: Dry out a few orange peels and place them in hot water. Great anytime but especially when you are feeling under the weather – the citrus will open up your sinuses.
- Infuse Olive Oil: Place a dried orange peel in your olive oil to add flavour to your salads.
- Candied: Dip the peels in water and then press them in white sugar. Cut the peels into fine slices. Then use them as a garnish on cakes and cupcakes.
- Freeze with water in ice cubes and add to drinks.
- Add to baked goods or marinades.
- Add to any simple sauce to add flavour.
Add to recipes!
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Warm Quinoa Kale & Orange Salad
- Orange Jicama Salad with Lemon Ginger Dressing
- Chicken Nuggets with Orange Dipping Sauce
- Orange Kiwi Tapioca Parfaits
For more information on Citrus from Chile:
Connect with Citrus From Chile!