Sometimes the hardest part of making salad is chopping the ingredients, but this citrus shrimp salad is made a little easier thanks to Mann’s stringless sugar snap peas that don’t need any prep, just a quick rinse!
- 4 cups (1 L) Mann’s Stringless Sugar Snap® Peas
- 3 oranges, medium
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, cooked, tails off
- 1 small English cucumber, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mint, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tarragon
- 3 romaine Hearts
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a zester or vegetable peeler, zest one of the oranges. Chop the zest very finely and place it in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the rest of the peel from the first orange, and all the peel from the remaining oranges. Working over the bowl to catch the juice, carefully cut out the orange segments. Add shrimp, Mann’s Stringless Sugar Snap® Peas, cucumber, mint and tarragon ingredients with chilled dressing. Gently toss to taste.
- Cut ends off of romaine hearts. Separate leaves from the hearts and wash well with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- To serve, arrange romaine leaves on plates. Divide salad evenly among plates. Serve immediately.
Calories 390, Calories from Fat 190, Total Fat 21g (sat 3g trans 0g), Cholesterol 170mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 8g, ׀Protein 27g, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 100%, Iron 50%, Calcium 20%