We make this classic banana bread recipe at home all the time. It’s delicious with a handful of fresh blueberries, frozen cranberries or chocolate chips added to the recipe. For a little extra flavour, feel free to sprinkle the batter with turbinado sugar before baking.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cane or granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend sugars, egg, egg white, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir in bananas. Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until a tester inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean.
Recipe developed by Jan Scott, from Family Bites.