Adding julienned vegetables like broccoli stem, carrot, and cabbage add extra fibre and nutrition to these confetti meatballs. This twist on a family favourite is a great way to incorporate more vegetables and colour into your meal!
Makes 12 meatballs; 6 Servings
- 12 oz (340 g) Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw®
- 3/4 lb (340 g) ground turkey, or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tsp (25 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) dry Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Garlic & herb salt-free seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bag of Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw® in microwave oven. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until Cole Slaw is tender (let cool before adding it to other ingredients).
- In a large bowl add all the above ingredients and mix until well combined. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Using a standard ice cream scoop to make 12 meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes and serve. Meatballs are great served plain, with marinara sauce, in soup or as a hot sandwich.
Recipe courtesy of our featured member, Mann’s.