Grain salads are a busy person’s best friend as they can be made in advanced and stored in the fridge for up to three to five days. They travel well (hello, workday lunch!) and are so versatile you can easily change the flavour profile simply by swapping the herbs for something (try basil here, it pairs so well with nectarines). Feel free to add some beans or chopped chicken to boost the protein content of the dish.
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked couscous at room temperature
- 2 Chilean nectarines, pits removed and thinly sliced
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted pistachios
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing: orange juice, ginger, olive oil, and honey. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Set aside. Divide couscous onto two large plates. Scatter nectarine slices, mint leaves and pistachios over the couscous. Drizzle on the dressing and season with additional salt and pepper to your liking.
Thank you to our friends Fruits from Chile for kindly providing this recipe.