These cranberry nut bars are a festive sweet treat that are simple and very customizable! Fresh cranberries add a burst of flavour in tandem with the walnut crunch!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1¼ cups (310 mL) Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180ºC). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan.
- Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and melted butter; blend well. Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing gently just until combined. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool and cut into bars.
This recipe is courtesy of our featured member, Ocean Spray.