A great creamy coleslaw recipe is always the perfect addition to any recipe collection. It can be the perfect side to a summer picnic, a crunchy topping for a pulled pork sandwich, or a tastier replacement for sour cream on a baked potato – try it!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage (about ¼ large head)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 large carrot)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and a pinch of pepper in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, and green onions; toss well to coat evenly.
If you don’t have a sharp knife or food processor, slicing cabbage thinly can be tricky. Instead shred it using a large holed grater.
You can substitute sliced cabbage for a bag of coleslaw mix.
For extra crunch add a ¼ cup of sunflower seeds.