Your breakfasts will be made simple with this easy recipe for creamy oatmeal, a cold-weather season essential. Topped with blueberries, pecans and maple syrup makes this as hearty and healthy as it is delicious.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole milk (unsweetened almond milk would also be delicious here)
- 1 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- maple syrup
- heavy cream
- Place water and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. When the water is boiling, stir in oats. Let the liquid return to a boil, then reduce flame to allow oats to cook at a hearty simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, stirring regularly.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, add milk to the nearly cooked oats. Stir, then allow the oatmeal to cook another 2 minutes. Finally, turn off the flame and let the oatmeal rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Scoop creamy oatmeal into 4 bowls, top with fresh Chilean blueberries, pecans, and drizzle on maple syrup and heavy cream to your liking.
Thanks to our friends at Blueberries from Chile for kindly providing this recipe.