Cool cucumber and luscious avocado come together to create a refreshing creamy soup that you can feel good about sipping on any time of year.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped radish
- 1/2 bunch fresh pea shoots
- Cut 1/2 inch (1 cm) slice of cucumber; dice and reserve for garnish. Peel and chop remaining cucumber; add to blender along with avocado, yogurt, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, dill, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, lemon zest and salt. Purée until smooth. Strain and discard solids.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or for up to 3 days. Garnish each serving with reserved chopped cucumber, radish and pea shoots.
- Top with poached shrimp, smoked salmon or seared scallops, if desired.
- Replace the yogurt with almond milk for a dairy-free soup.