This refreshing cucumber lemonade adds a green twist to the classic, refreshing patio drink and it’s a simple way to amp up your water to help you stay hydrated. To garnish your glasses of cucumber lemonade like in the picture, first add ice cubes to the glass, then twist the long cucumber slice and twist it into the side of the glass. Pour lemonade over and the ice cubes should hold the cucumber slice in place. Thin round slices (coins) can be used instead if preferred.
Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 large Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest (from one small lemon)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) granulated sugar (or honey to taste)
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cold water
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- Ice cubes
- Extra lemon slices for garnishing
- Wash cucumber well. Cut a few thin slices longwise and set aside for garnishing. Please note: it is not necessary to peel the cucumber.
- Chop the remaining cucumber, add 2 cups of water in blender with cucumber pieces and sugar.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until sugar dissolves. Strain blended mixture to remove any solids and add remaining water in a large bowl.
- Add salt, lemon juice, ice cubes, lemon zest, and stir well to combine. Strain again if preferred.
- Pour in serving glasses and add more ice cubes if required. You could also chill and serve, garnish with cucumber slices and/or lemon wedges.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers