This refreshing cucumber salad is impressive to serve and has a brightness thanks to the vinegar, lemon juice and fresh lemon zest! Add fresh mint to enhance the refreshing components of this salad, making this cucumber noodle salad the perfect starter dish. This recipe is naturally vegan-friendly and gluten-free (double check the source of your vinegar to ensure it’s gluten-free) so it’s something everyone can enjoy!
- 3 large Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumbers
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely diced Ontario Greenhouse Red Peppers
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mild vinegar (red or white wine, white balsamic or apple cider)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint cut in thin strips
- Prepare the cucumbers by cutting into long thin noodle like strips using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler. Combine with diced red pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Pour over cucumber noodle mixture and toss gently to combine. Add the mint strips and toss.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to develop flavour.
- Toss and garnish with more mint before serving.
- Keeps for 2 days in the refrigerator but is best served the same day it was prepared.
This recipe was provided courtesy of our featured member, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers.