This cucumber salsa is a crunchy twist on your typical tomato salsa. Using fresh onion, cilantro, mint, japaleño and lime, this salsa is refreshing and zingy at the same time. Cucumber acts as a perfect cooling crunch to balance the jalapeño.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely diced Ontario Greenhouse Mini Seedless Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 1 fresh jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cucumber, onion, cilantro, mint and jalapeño in a bowl.
- Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be served with grilled fish or meats or as a salsa choice with tacos or serve as a topping for our creamy cucumber soup .
This recipe was provided courtesy of our featured member, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers.