Use this flavourful filling to stuff small or regular size pitas. A great way to use leftover roast chicken.
Makes 8 cups (2 L)
- 2 Ontario Nectarines, pitted and diced (about 1½ cups /375 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked Ontario Chicken
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 2 Ontario Green Onions, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 4 (7-inch/17.5 cm) regular or whole wheat pita breads, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Place all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Toss with salad mixture to coat evenly. Use to fill pita pockets lined with lettuce.
Nutrients per serving: 382 calories, 10 g total fat, 627 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 3 g fibre, 27 g protein. Excellent source of thiamin, niacin and folate. Good source of riboflavin, magnesium, iron and zinc.