Apple chips are so delicious and easy to make at home! DIY baked apple chips are a fun snack to make with your family to show them how to turn local Ontario apples into a snack you can enjoy together!
10 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 of your favourite Ontario apples (a dryer apple will make crispier chips, but any apple will work!)
- Optional: ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Wash your Ontario apples. Pat dry, then slice very thinly (about 2-3 mm thick). Use a mandoline to make it easier, or a sharp knife and patience.
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer (if you have a convection oven, you can put two sheets of apple slices at a time). You can sprinkle on ground cinnamon if you want as well.
- Bake for 1 hour, flip, then bake for another hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool, they will crisp up. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
If you have a dehydrator, these make easy, fuss-free chips as well!