Level up your classic BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) sandwich with extra veg and a delicious red pepper mayo.
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 3 slices of multi-grain bread
- 3 on-the-vine tomatoes, sliced
- 6 green lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Place the red pepper in a casserole dish cut-side-down. Place the pepper under the broiler and broil for 40 minutes or until the skin blisters and turns black. Take the pepper out of the oven and cover the casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid. Let the pepper sit for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes have passed, remove the skin and transfer the pepper to a food processor. Add the clove of garlic and blitz until the mixture resembles mulch. Add the mayo and blitz until smooth. Transfer the mayo to a bowl and place it in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 18-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside to drain.
- Toast the bread until golden. Slather a slice with some of the roasted red pepper mayo. Place 3 green lettuce leaves on top followed by 3-4 slices of tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper and place two pieces of bacon on top. Place another piece of toast on top and cover with mayo. Repeat the previous steps and finish with the final piece of toast on top. Secure with a cocktail pick and serve.