Schools out! Next comes soccer practice or piano lessons, so here are some quick and easy after-school snack ideas for give kids (or even adults) a little push between school and dinner.
Easy After School Snack Ideas:
- Kids love finger-food! Cut up veggies and fruits and serve them with a yogurt dip, hummus, tapenade or ranch dressing to fill them up a bit before driving them to those afternoon soccer practices or piano lessons.
- These blueberry “s’mores” are a fun way to incorporate fruits as a snack in an extra fun way.
- Crackers and cheese are simple and filling. Make it a little more fun by added thinly sliced apples or pears for a bit of extra crunch and more nutrients.
- Celery lady bugs act both as a delicious after-school snack and a DIY craft at the same time! Sub in soy nut butter for anyone who is peanut-free!
- Make a yogurt fruit dip with blended cherries and greek yogurt. It’s great for dipping some melon or even strawberries.
- For any kids who love pears, here are some healthy snack ideas with pears!
- Guilt-free treat: stuff some medjool dates with a pecan half and melt some chocolate to drizzle on top (or you can stuff chocolate chips in there too). It’s sweet but provides a ton of flavour, nutrients, and fibre!
- Try healthier fruit leather roll-ups by making them at home. They’re easier than you think!
- Create your own fruity kebabs! Ingredients to try include bananas, apples, watermelon, oranges, strawberries, raspberries, raisons or dried cranberries.
- Layer dip is something that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike! This black bean avocado layer dip is a great, hearty snack that’s fuel for after-school activities.
- This is an oldie but a goodie! Add peanut butter to a slice of whole wheat toast and top with sliced banana!
For more of our snack ideas, check out our healthy snack recipe index!