Black forest cake is the inspiration for this Fresh Cherry and Brownie Trifle recipe. Pairing cherries with chocolate is a delicious combination, and you will love how easily this comes together! Use store-bought brownies for almost instant preparation or make your own brownies to layer together with tasty fresh cherries and whipped cream. If you are making this dessert for a crowd you can make it into one large parfait, alternatively serve in individual glass bowls.
- 4 brownies or 8 bite-sized store bought brownies
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh sweet cherries, washed, pitted, and cut in halves
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipped cream
- Garnish: Chocolate shavings and fresh cherries
- In a large, deep trifle bowl, break brownies into bite sized pieces and place a layer on the bottom.
- Then spoon on a layer of fresh whipped cream.
- Then add a layer of fresh, halved cherries.
- Repeat steps as many times as desired, finishing with the last layer being whipped cream.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and fresh, whole cherries.
Tip: If you don’t have a cherry pitter, you can easily cut the pit out with a sharp paring knife, or try our kitchen hack using a chopstick and water bottle!