This antioxidant-rich smoothie is perfect for breakfast, brunch and even a mid-morning snack. Make the blueberry green tea infusion up to a five days in advance and store in the fridge until you’re ready to make the smoothies.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- Zest of orange
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup blueberry green tea fusion
- To make the blueberry green tea infusion: In a small saucepan, bring the water and blueberries to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Strain. Add green tea bags and steep 3 to 5 minutes. Drink hot or pour over ice and add honey or agave to sweeten. Blend well and top with mint sprig.
- To make the blueberry green tea smoothie: combine banana, yogurt, blueberries, orange zest, ice cubes and blueberry green tea fusion in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve at once.
This recipe was kindly provided by our partner Blueberries from Chile.