Save your money and make this takeout classic at home. Homemade Ginger Orange Chicken is easy, tasty, and healthier than fast-food Chinese, plus this is a great addition to your dinner rotation that everyone will love!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium Chilean navel oranges, peeled and cut into small, bite-size pieces **
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook for a few
- minutes to lightly brown. Add Chilean navel oranges and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce and
- Cook for a few minutes more or until chicken is nicely glazed with
- Top with green onions and serve over rice.
** Can substitute 3 to 4 Chilean Mandarins peeled and cut into small, bite-size pieces.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Citrus from Chile!