These gluten free delights are the perfect portion size, and packed full of flavour. Your muffin tin isn’t just for muffin’s anymore; it’s a great way to deliver warm comfort on a cold winter’s day.
- Meatloaf Muffins
- 4 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can low-sodium cannellini beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 Red Sun Farms® tomato, cut into 4 slices
- Roasted Veggies & Pecans
- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends removed
- 2 medium Red Sun Farms® bell peppers, seeded, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Add spinach to large bowl and top with boiling water. Let sit 2 minutes, drain well. Add half of beans and mash with fork into spinach. Add remaining beans, dressing and beef. Mix well.
- Scoop meat mixture into 8 lightly greased muffin cups. Top with 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce and slice of tomato.
- Place muffin tin on baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reach 165ºF.
- To make roasted nutty vegetables, preheat oven to 450°F. Combine asparagus, peppers and olive oil in baking dish. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and add garlic and pecans.
- Return to oven and bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until tender and crisp.
Thank you to our partner Red Sun Farms for generously sharing this recipe with us.