Make a lunch that is filling, full of protein, fibre, and flavour—make it ahead for your work lunches or treat yourself to an Instagram-worthy lunch on the weekend. The bright and lemony dressing brings out the deep and sweet flavours of the grapes from Chile. Bon appetit!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups (325 mL) pre-rinsed quinoa
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fine sea salt, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced shallot
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Chilean red and green grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2-3 loosely-packed cups (500 mL) watercress
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and toast the grains, stirring regularly for 3-5 minutes until you smell the toasted aroma. Then add 2 cups (500 mL) of water and 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt to the pot and turn the heat to high. When the liquid comes to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low, letting the quinoa simmer gently (covered) for 14-16 minutes, until tender. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer the warm grains to a low wide bowl or serving dish. Let the quinoa cool while you prep the other ingredients.
- Prepare your dressing by combining: shallot, 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Toss room temperature quinoa, grape halves, toasted pecans, celery, watercress and the dressing. Add additional salt and black pepper to taste.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Fruits from Chile!