You’ll be head over heels for this Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowl Recipe, developed by Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic.
What Kim has to say about this recipe! “I’m so happy to be here sharing a new recipe today. This one is a personal favourite!
When I was a teenager I worked in a restaurant that served amazing Greek food. I’ve been obsessed with Greek recipes ever since. Greek cuisine has so much flavour which I’m a big fan of. This recipe is a simple Greek inspired bowl anyone can make.
I made enough for a family but if you’re cooking for one or two you can easily half this recipe. Personally, I would make the full recipe and freeze the extra for a quick lunch or dinner when you don’t have time to cook. You can easily freeze these bowls. Just make the chicken and orzo solo and freeze. Once you thaw and reheat you can add fresh veggies and sauce. This recipe is also perfect for people who do meal prep. Cook once, eat all week. That works for me!
I used Ontario Greenhouse cucumbers because they readily available in our area. We live near Leamington, Ontario which just happens to be a hub with large, fabulous greenhouses, though Ontario greenhouses are located from Windsor to Niagara and as far north as Ottawa. Living here means we know how fresh Ontario greenhouse veggies are! Produce is super close to our local stores so everything is incredibly fresh. And did you know that Ontario greenhouse grown cucumbers are grown year round? That works for us because we absolutely LOVE cucumbers.
You can use homemade Tzatziki sauce for this recipe or buy pre-made if you like. Either works!
This recipe is so quick and easy. It will become a family favourite you will want to make again and again!”
Kim Beaulieu, Cravings of a Lunatic
- 4 cups prepared orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Ontario greenhouse cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 2 shallots, diced
- 12 Ontario greenhouse cherry tomatoes, halved or diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Tzatziki sauce
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh mint, if desired
- Prepare orzo in advance according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan and sprinkle half of your oregano, basil, salt and pepper over top. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes. Flip chicken over and sprinkle with remaining oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Cut up cucumbers, shallots and tomatoes. Mix in bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place orzo in bottom of each bowl. Place sliced chicken in bowl. Add veggie mixture in bowl. Add dollops of Tzatziki sauce randomly around bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Add sprigs of mint, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Kim is the creator behind the blogs Cravings of a Lunatic and Kiss My Smoke. She lives in Ontario with her hubby, two hooligans, and a vast assortment of furkids. She splits her time between grilling and baking, when she’s not glued to Netflix rewatching The Walking Dead, again and again.
Kim is one of our favourite people to work with! Check out her other delicious recipes developed for us!
- Cantaloupe Breakfast Bowl
- Apple Sticky Buns
- Passionfruit and Chocolate Cheesecake
- Grilled Peach and Chicken Pizza
- Caramel Dipped Grapes
- Grape Slushies!