Spring into the season with bright greens and fresh flavours! Lemon brings out the crisp, bright flavour of these green beans, and parsley adds a wonderful flavour that adds extra depth to tender-crisp green beans.
- 12 oz Mann's Green Beans
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Lemon peel, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Green Beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Rinse beans in cold water and drain. Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, stir 30 seconds.
- Add beans, sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and lemon peel.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to platter.
Recipe kindly sponsored by Mann’s.