This grilled chicken salad is brought to life with a generous dose of colour, nutrition and flavour thanks to fresh, local Ontario raspberries. Add it to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation for a meal the whole family is sure to love.
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh Ontario Raspberries
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless Ontario Chicken Breasts
- 8 cups (2 L) torn mixed Ontario Salad Greens
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh Ontario Coriander, chopped
- In a blender, purée together 1 cup (250 mL) of the raspberries, vinegar and sugar until smooth. Strain through sieve into bowl. Whisk in oil, salt and pepper. Remove 3 tbsp (45 mL) and toss with chicken; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Chill remaining dressing.
- Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high; close lid and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside, turning once. Slice chicken.
- Arrange greens on 4 plates; top evenly with sliced chicken and remaining raspberries. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with coriander. Serve immediately.
This recipe was kindly provided by our partner the Ontario Berry Growers.