Ripe peaches and maple syrup have just the right amount of sweetness to balance the tangy spice of Sriracha sauce – everyone will be raving about these wings! Make these grilled chicken wings with peach sriracha BBQ sauce for your next game day get-together.
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 4 Ontario Peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 small Ontario Cooking Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry mustard powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lb (2 kg) chicken wings
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook peaches, onion, garlic and ginger, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Add vinegar, tomato paste, sugar, maple syrup, soy sauce, mustard powder, Sriracha and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; let cool completely. Transfer to blender and purée until very smooth. Refrigerate half of the barbecue sauce for another use.
- Preheat grill to medium; grease grate well. Season wings with salt; cook, turning often for 20 minutes or until almost cooked through. Continue to cook, brushing with BBQ sauce and turning frequently, for 15 minutes or until well glazed and cooked through.
- Try using this BBQ sauce to glaze chicken breasts, chicken thighs, pork chops or turkey burgers.
- Chicken wings that have been separated into drumettes and wingettes with the tips removed are the best for sharing.