Grilling local Ontario nectarines brings out their sweetness – and you can make this recipe even if they aren’t perfectly ripe! Serve with whipped coconut cream to top off this vegan friendly treat.
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 6 Cook Time
1 hr, 16 Total Time
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grapeseed oil
- ½cup (125 mL) full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- ½cup (125 mL) cold Ontario whipping cream
- 6 ripe Ontario nectarines
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shredded coconut
- Garnish: fresh mint
- Vigorously shake coconut milk before opening. Add coconut milk and sugar to a large bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves. Place bowl in refrigerator to allow for milk to thicken; about 1 hour. Using an electric hand mixer, beat whipping cream until peaks form. Slowly add in cold coconut milk, continuing to whip until combined. Cover and refrigerate until nectarines are grilled.
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- Slice nectarines in half and remove pit. Brush cut side with grapeseed oil. Place on grill cut side down; grill 4-6 minutes or until nectarines are warm and softened.
- To assemble place nectarine cut side up on plate. Spoon a dollop of coconut cream into center. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and garnish with fresh mint.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.