These grilled Ontario peaches and mascarpone cheese are so simple and easy. Not only are they tasty, but they’re good for you too! This dish can be both a dessert or a breakfast the next day thanks to the goodness of peaches. Grilled peaches get supple and caramelized with sweetness while the blueberries mingle and marry with the lightness of mascarpone cheese. A summer delight!
- 4 Ontario peaches pitted and cut in half
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Salerno mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- Preheat BBQ to medium high, once heated place peaches fruit side down and grill for 4-6 minutes until they begin to soften,
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, bring blueberries and maple syrup to a boil and reduce heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once peaches and grilled and begin to soften place 1 tbsp (15 mL) of mascarpone cheese on the middle of the plate and place peaches on the cheese, drizzle 2 tbsp (30 mL) of blueberry sauce over peaches serve immediately.
|This recipe was developed by Chef D, otherwise known as Darryl Fletcher is a regular guest on TV shows across Canada, sharing delicious recipes with an informative and approachable flair. He also is the host of his own tv shows, At Home with Chef D and Chefdtv.com.|
Special thanks to OntarioTenderFruit.ca!