These grilled Ontario peaches and mascarpone cheese are so simple and easy. Not only are they tasty, but they’re good for you too! This dish can be both a dessert or a breakfast the next day thanks to the goodness of peaches. Grilled peaches get supple and caramelized with sweetness while the tart cherries mingle and marry with the lightness of mascarpone cheese. A summer delight!
- 1 Ontario peach pitted and cut into quarters
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Salerno mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario tart cherries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- Preheat BBQ to medium high, once heated place peaches fruit side down and grill for 4-6 minutes until they begin to soften,
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, bring blueberries and maple syrup to a boil and reduce heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once peaches and grilled and begin to soften place 1 tbsp (15 mL) of mascarpone cheese on the middle of the plate and place peaches on the cheese, drizzle 2 tbsp (30 mL) of blueberry sauce over peaches serve immediately.
|This recipe was developed by Chef D, otherwise known as Darryl Fletcher is a regular guest on TV shows across Canada, sharing delicious recipes with an informative and approachable flair. He also is the host of his own tv shows, At Home with Chef D and Chefdtv.com.|
Special thanks to OntarioTenderFruit.ca!
Like this recipe? Watch our how to video!