For a new twist on the classic pork chop, enhance the natural sweetness of pork with Chilean nectarines. This adds some natural sweetness, bright flavour, and impressive presentation for serving your family and guests. Try this grilled pork chops stuffed with Chilean nectarines for a sweet and savoury dinner!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 pork chops, bone on
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dried red chili flakes
- 4 nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed fresh blueberries and raspberries
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) apricot jam
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) champagne vinegar
- Rub chops with salt and pepper, mint, and chili flakes. Grill just to brown the outside on a preheated grill, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove chops to a cutting board and cut a horizontal slice to make a pocket in each chop. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together sliced nectarines, berries, jam and vinegar. Arrange chops in a 9 x 12 baking dish. Gently stuff the chops with the nectarine mixture.
- Add any remaining nectarine mixture and sauces on top of the chops. Place chops in a preheated 400°F (200ºC) oven for 20 minutes, or until chops reach an internal temperature of 145°-150°F (62-65ºC).
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Fruits from Chile, from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association.