This might be the simplest Caesar salad you can make, not to mention the healthiest, thanks to a nutritional power punch from the addition of wild rice and grilled salmon.
- 2 Salmon fillet portions, about 1-inch thick, skin on
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Taylor Farms Caesar Chopped Kit
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked to package specifications
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rub flesh side of salmon with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the salmon skin side up over direct heat on the grill.
- Close the lid and let cook 3 to 4 minutes until grill marks form. Use tongs or a spatula to gently flip the salmon skin side down. Reduce the heat to medium. The salmon should release easily from the grill grates.
- Continue cooking with the lid closed for another few minutes until salmon is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. Salmon needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss together ingredients from the Taylor Farms Caesar Chopped Kit, including the dressing.
- Divide the salad between plates. Generously top the salads with the wild rice. Place one salmon fillet on each salad. Drizzle with lemon juice, top with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Thank you to our friends at Taylor Farms for generously providing us with this recipe.