Salad season is upon us and we love making salads that are fresh and exciting! This one features delicious Ontario heirloom tomatoes and tofu straight from the grill.
40 minPrep Time
40 minTotal Time
- 6 Heirloom tomatoes, select a few colours
- 1 pack Sweet Rainbow Peppers
- 1 lb Delight Cocktail Tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 small carrots
- 4 baby zucchini
- 4 large radishes
- 1 package mixed baby lettuce
- 2 blocks extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gochugaru (Korean red
- pepper flakes)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- finely grated Kosher salt Pepper
- Select a large serving platter for this recipe.
- Wash, prep and cut all vegetables. Slice Heirloom tomatoes into ¼” slices, Peppers cut into 8 sections, cut cocktail tomatoes in half, trim asparagus, cut carrots and zucchini in half lengthwise ¼” thick and shave radishes.
- Place asparagus, carrots, zucchini, peppers and cocktail tomatoes in a bowl, drizzle with oil, salt and pepper thes toss lightly. Place seasoned vegetables on grill then grill until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender crisp. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Cut tofu into ½” cubes, pat dry with paper towels then place in a bowl and lightly toss with oil and season with salt and pepper then set on grill. Grill tofu until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side then transfer to a serving platter.
- Arrange the tomatoes, radishes, spinach and baby lettuces on a large platter. Top with the tofu and grilled vegetables and drizzle with the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cider vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, soy sauce, gochugaru, garlic then season with salt and set aside for flavours to blend.
- Garnish with pea shoots, sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Recipe by Del Fresco Pure