Another reason to utilize the grill for a quick and delicious “make it tonight recipe.” Naturally sweet peaches are grilled and pickled for a delectable garnish to lean grilled and succulent veal chops.
- 2 cups (500 mL) cider vinegar
- ½ cup (125 mL) dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) mustard seeds
- 2 tomatillos, husk removed, diced
- 4 ripe-firm Ontario Peaches, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick, grilled
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion rings
- ¼ cup (60 mL) garlic oil (or olive oil)
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Ontario veal loin chops (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- Pinch of smoked salt for garnishing
- Fresh tarragon leaves for garnishing
- 1. Fire up the grill to medium-high heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Place a 4-quart (4L) saucepan over medium heat, add the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds.
- Bring the mixture to a boil stir to dissolve sugar, let cook for 5 minutes for a syrup consistency.
- 3. Add tomatillos, then the peaches and reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, add peppers, onions and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and ladle into sterilized jars.
- 4. Rinse veal, pat dry with paper towels. Place chops on baking sheet, drizzle with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 5. Place chops on grill. Grill turning occasionally for about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 3
- minutes before serving.
- 6. Serve veal chops with potatoes, pasta or rice and garnished generously with Smoky Peach
- Relish (garnished with smoked salt and tarragon leaves).
Source: Chef Raquel Fox (IslandGurlFoods.com)