Harissa is a Tunisian hot chili pepper paste, the main ingredients of which are roasted red peppers, Baklouti pepper, serrano peppers and other hot chili peppers and spices and herbs such as garlic paste, coriander seed, saffron, rose or caraway as well as some vegetable or olive oil for preservation. It adds amazing depth and flavour to this Harissa Broccoli Cole Slaw, you’ll be making it over and over!
- 2 bags (12 oz/340g) Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp harissa
- 1 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Kosher salt
- Place Broccoli Cole Slaw, red onion, garbanzo beans, feta, cilantro & parsley in a large bowl. Whisk mayonnaise, vinegars, harissa, and sugar together in a small bowl until smooth. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled chicken kebabs.
Recipe courtesy of our featured member, Mann’s.