Spruce up your fall salad routine with this potato and butternut squash-based kale salad.Pumpkin seeds and feta bring crunch and saltiness to the dish, making it perfect for pairing with richer foods at Thanksgiving.
- 5 EarthFresh Red Yukon Potatoes, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, reserve half
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch kale, chopped and stems removed
- ¼ cup Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp salted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add potatoes and butternut squash to a roasting pan. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, nutmeg and salt. Roast for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk remaining olive oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard and honey together.
- Add kale to a large bowl with the roasted squash and potatoes. Add dressing and gently mix. Top with crumbled Feta and salted pumpkin seeds. Serve warm or cool.
Thank you to our partner EarthFresh for generously sharing this recipe with us.