Leave the packaged slaws at the store, and make this homemade shredded Brussels sprouts and cabbage salad instead. Loaded with healthy, filling fats like avocado and walnuts and tossed with our all-purpose lemon vinaigrette, this salad is just as at home on the holiday dinner table as it is on your mid-day lunch plate.
Serves 2 (as a meal ) and 4 - 6 (as a side)
- 8-10 Brussels sprouts, end removed and finely shredded
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cabbage. Choose green, red, savoy or Chinese cabbage.
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 Ontario apple (We chose Gala), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pairs well with our Lemon Vinaigrette dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
- Enjoy promptly or store in an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Get inspired and watch our video showing how easy this recipe is to make!