As you know, sometimes the simplest things can make produce delicious! Mardi Michels from eat. live. travel. write. brings simplicity and elegance together in this potato salad to highlight the colourful BistroFresh™ Carnaval Blend Heirloom potatoes and bring out their flavour.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Approximately 3lb (1.5kg) BistroFresh™ Heirloom potatoes, Carnaval Blend (mixed colours red, yellow, purple)
- Lemon-rosemary-garlic dressing (above)
- Slivered almonds and finely chopped green onion (to serve)
- In a glass jar, combine all ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat.
- Scrub the potatoes if necessary and place in boiling water.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender (cook time will depend on their size).
- Drain and cool the potatoes in a colander.
- Once cool, slice the potatoes in half, lengthways. Make sure to slice the purple potatoes last so you are not “bleeding” colour onto the other potatoes!
- Dress with the lemon-rosemary-garlic dressing and scatter over some slivered almonds and green onions.
This Heirloom Potato Salad was developed for Produce Made Simple by Mardi Michels. Mardi is a full-time teacher of French (and cooking) at an independent boys’ school in Toronto. She blogs about her culinary adventures, near and far, at eat. live. travel. write. To see the other recipes she developed with Bistro Fresh™ Carnaval Blend Heirloom Potatoes, see her Potatoes Three Ways for the Holidays post.