Making Strawberry Hearts from fresh California strawberries is easy to do! You can quickly turn a couple strawberries into a beautiful treat for sharing with someone you love. Serve them as-is, or you can dip them chocolate to add some extra sweetness. Make them into a strawberry heart bouquet for your mom on Mother’s Day, or just for fun anytime for that special someone.
How to Make Strawberry Hearts
- With small, sharp knife cut out the stem of the strawberry. (As shown in the photo below)
2. Slice the strawberry in half.
3. At the top center of the berry, cut a small V-shape. (See photo below)
4. To serve or for easy chocolate-dipping, insert a toothpick at the bottom.
5. To cover in chocolate, melt chocolate chips for one minute in the microwave and stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring in-between) until soft and creamy. Add a little coconut oil for a softer consistency. Let cool on parchment paper.
- 1, 1 pound clamshell of California Strawberries
- Read above
This how-to recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, California Strawberries